- Conserve the District’s water supply for the greatest public benefit by providing for water conservation under the declaration of a water shortage emergency condition and
- Adopt provisions that will change the water-use habits of customers to significantly reduce the consumption of water for long-term human consumption, sanitation and fire protection of the District’s customers.
- From May 1st through October 15th
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday only
- 6:00 pm to 8:00 am
For example, you can irrigate on Monday morning from midnight until 8:00 am or you can irrigate on Monday evening from 6:00 pm to midnight.
No irrigation is allowed outside these dates, days and times. Do not irrigate between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
Additional Irrigation Restrictions
- Turn off your irrigation when it is raining and for 48 hours afterwards
- Do not irrigate more than what is needed for natural growth and to sustain life
- No irrigation may allow excess water to run-off onto paved surfaces or beyond the property line
- Irrigation systems must be shut off and winterized from October 16th to April 30th
- No new turf grass is allowed
- New landscaping is limited to no more than 50% of the undeveloped area of the parcel
- Only 150 square feet may have plantings that are not on the drought tolerant plant list
- New homes must use drip or microspray irrigation systems
- Click here to view our Landscape Guide for Mountain Homes
Other Permanent Water Restrictions
- Do not use a hose to wash any hard or paved surfaces
- Use a bucket and a hose with a shut off nozzle to wash your car
- Repair any leaks as soon as possible
- Decorative fountains or ponds must be recirculating
- Restaurants shall only serve drinking water upon request
- Hotels shall provide the option of not laundering towels and linens daily